Governing Board of the Cognitive Science Society
Nora Newcombe (2013-2018)
- Cognitive development and spatial cognition.
Susan Gelman (2014-2019)
University of Michigan
- - Cognitive development, language development, categories and concepts.
Richard Catrambone (2011-2016)
Georgia Institute of Technology
- Problem solving, educational technology, and human-computer interaction.
Susan Trickett (2010-2015)
Governing Board Members
Andrea Bender (2011-2016)
University of Freiburg, Germany
- Interactions between language, culture, and cognition in various
Laura Carlson (2011-2016)
University of Notre Dame
- Spatial representations influenced by core cognitive processes of attention, memory, perception, and language.
Jeff Elman (2009-2015)
University of California, San Diego
- Language processing, from speech perception to discourse processes.
Michael Frank (2015-2020)
Dedre Gentner (2015-2020)
Kevin Gluck (2014-2019)
- Computational and mathematical cognitive process modeling; methods for accelerating and evaluating scientific progress and innovative cognitive technologies; robustness.
Susan Goldin-Meadow (2010-2015)
University of Chicago
- Language development and creation, Gesture's role in communicating, thinking, and learning.
Christoph Hoelscher (2012-2017)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
- Human-computer interaction and spatial cognition.
Markus Knauff (2012-2017)
University of Giessen, Germany
- High-level cognitive processes and spatial cognition.
Teenie Matlock (2013-2018)
University of California Merced
- Metaphor, spatial language, and political language and human-computer interaction.
Terry Regier (2015-2020)
University of California, Berkeley
Michael J. Spivey (2009-2015)
University of California, Merced
- Psycholinguistics and visual perception, combining real-time oculomotor and skeletal-motor measures of cognitive processing with artificial neural network simulations of human data.
Ex Officio Members
Richard P. Cooper, Cognitive Science Journal Editor
Birkbeck, University of London
Wayne D. Gray, TopiCS in Cognitive Science Journal Editor
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Integrated cognitive systems, computational cognitive modeling, cognitive engineering.
Matthew Crocker, Rumelhart Prize Committee Chair
Linda B. Smith, Glushko Prize Committee Chair