Governing Board of the Cognitive Science Society
Nora Newcombe (2013-2018)
- Cognitive development and spatial cognition.
Susan Gelman (2014-2019)
University of Michigan
- - Cognitive development, language development, categories and concepts.
Richard Catrambone (2011-2016)
Georgia Institute of Technology
- Problem solving, educational technology, and human-computer interaction.
Anna Drummey (2016-2018)
Governing Board Members
Andrea Bender (2011-2016)
University of Bergen, Norway
- Interactions between language, culture, and cognition in various domains.
Laura Carlson (2011-2016)
University of Notre Dame
- Spatial representations influenced by core cognitive processes of attention, memory, perception, and language.
Jeff Elman (2010-2015)
University of California, San Diego
Michael Frank (2015-2020)
- Computational and experimental methods to study language learning, social cognition, and the intersection between language and thought.
Dedre Gentner (2015-2020)
- Learning processes-"especially analogical learning-"conceptual representation, and interactions between language and cognition.
Kevin Gluck (2014-2019)
- Computational and mathematical cognitive process modeling; methods for accelerating and evaluating scientific progress and innovative cognitive technologies; robustness.
Susan Goldin-Meadow (2011-2015)
University of Chicago
Christoph Hoelscher (2012-2017)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
- Human-computer interaction and spatial cognition.
Markus Knauff (2012-2017)
University of Giessen, Germany
- High-level cognitive processes and spatial cognition.
Teenie Matlock (2013-2018)
University of California Merced
- Metaphor, spatial language, and political language and human-computer interaction.
Terry Regier (2015-2020)
University of California, Berkeley
- Relation of language and cognition, often through computational ideas and methods applied to data from many languages.
Michael J. Spivey (2011-2015)
University of California, Merced
Governing Board Elect
Elena Andonova (2016-2021)
New Bulgarian University
Director, Cognitive Science Summer School
- Spatial communication and cognition, language processing in diverse populations, and language development in early childhood.
Morteza Dehghani (2016-2021)
University of Southern California
- Investigates properties of cognition, in conjunction to behavioral studies.
Asifa Majid (2016-2021)
Radboud University and Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
- Communication, and cultural cognition.
Ex Officio Members
Richard P. Cooper, Cognitive Science Journal Editor
Birkbeck, University of London
Wayne D. Gray, TopiCS in Cognitive Science Journal Editor
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Integrated cognitive systems, computational cognitive modeling, cognitive engineering.
Matthew Crocker, Rumelhart Prize Committee Chair
Linda B. Smith, Glushko Prize Committee Chair